Every year World Mental Health Day is celebrated on 10 October.
The theme for 2023, set by the World Foundation of Mental Health, is ‘Mental Health is a Universal Human Right’.
In order to raise awareness about mental health and driving positive change for everyone’s mental health, school observed Mental Health Week from 4th October to 10th October.
Various activities were undertaken during regular classes in the school premises :
- Positivity boards were planned and designed by the teachers and students in the school
- Students prepared posters on the theme ‘Importance of Mental Health Awareness and its impact on our lives’.
- Students of class V shared appreciation notes with their classmates where they spoke about their positive
- ‘Let’s Open Up!’ activity was conducted for the class VI. Students were asked to mention any one classmate’s name on a chit and write about one action of theirs which had hurt This activity was an anonymous activity and nobody was told who wrote about them, but definitely helped the students to bring positive changes in their actions when they came to know that they had knowingly and unknowingly hurt their friends.
- Yoga, meditation, dance, singing and many such relaxation activities were conducted in the class.
- Group Discussion on the topic, ‘Harmful Effects of Prejudice and Stereotyping among Peers’ was conducted in the
- Students were taken on an educational trip to develop skills like critical thinking, increased confidence and self-esteem, improve communication skill and to connect with the peers.
- Students were taken nature trail to make them learn in a stress free environment