S. D. Jain Modern school, founded in June,1999, by the Paras Education Trust, Surat, modeled to produce future citizens of the country and the world, based on holistic education SD Jain Modern School, English Medium Co-educational Senior Secondary School, affiliated to CBSE(affiliation number: 430048), New Delhi has grown with leaps and bounds and has carved a name for itself not only in Surat but also in Gujarat.. The school, housed in a three and four story latest modern designed building consisting of more than hundred classrooms has an attractive infrastructure which caters to the needs of 4000 plus students through its innovative and constructive programmes including a wide range of co-curricular activities. The school imparts quality education laying special emphasis on Indian Culture, Moral and Value Education. The school has proficient and well qualified staff, three well equipped, spacious and well ventilated labs. two well stocked Library, three air-conditioned A V Room, three multipurpose halls, five well equipped Computer Labs.6 activity rooms (Yoga, Gymnastics, Gymnasium, Skating, Taek-wan-do, Music Vocal and Instrumental) along with fleet of 24 new school buses, Web portal and SMS facility, child safety device in the campus as well as in buses, a huge play field for Football, Volley ball, Throw ball,Kho-Kho besides Basket ball and Tennis Courts, Two Swimming Pools, one national size and the other a decent sized for beginners and learners which provides an excellent opportunity for the all round growth of a child’s personality. Since its inception the school has been achieving excellent results in both class XII as well as X with students topping in Surat District as well as the state consecutively. Students from this school have gained admission in all reputed and renowned colleges and universities including professional colleges to pursue Engineering and Medicine (MBBS), BBA, BCom. (Hons), BCA, CA (Foundation course) CS, Event Management, Interior Designing, Fashion Designing, Hotel Management etc and other competitive exams.
All ideas begin with an objective. An objective always has a commitment to the future. It is with a commitment to the quest for excellence in the field of education that the renowned Paras Education Trust decided to act and sponsor the S. D. Jain Modern School. At the helm is the dynamic leadership of Mr. Kailash Jain, Chairman of Paras Education Trust whose belief is that education should ensure for the country’s youth a harmonious development of their personality. To achieve this, all round training should be provided for a responsive and responsible citizen, for character development and for an attitude of Service before Self. Logo Of SDJAIN It is not sheer acquisition of knowledge which leads us towards the endorsement to being educated. Education is a very wide horizon itself, which covers all the integral spheres of life-personality development, self grooming, mental growth towards innovations, responsive awareness towards fellowship and strength to develop rationalism in all the aspects, towards the achievements in the inner and outer life. Thereby the aim of S.D. Jain Modern School, stands as “Excellence in Education” guiding the students rightly towards the qualitative zone of education and excelling with it. S. D. Jain Modern School the first of its kind in Surat city, is an English Medium co-educational school run on public school lines managed by Paras Education Trust, Surat. CBSE affiliation No. 430048. The school caters to the mental, physical, emotional and moral growth of the child through varied programmes, designed academically and keeping in the mind the curricular and co-curricular activities towards the overall development.
- A PROGRESSIVE English medium Senior Secondary Co-educational public school affiliated to CBSE, New Delhi. The school provides excellent opportunities for the harmonious development of a child. The school has been producing the best results with first position in both class X and XII (Commerce & Science) CBSE not only in Surat but also the state since its inception. Top 5 meritorious students got “DHIRUBHAI AMBANI AWARD 2014” besides Chairman Shri. Kailashji Jain
- Excellent Academic Standards: In the latest batch 2014, Shivangi Kedia from XII Commerce stream got 98.00% and Parth Jinwala from XII Science got 97.80% respectively secured 1st position in Gujarat state in CBSE XII. In 2014 batch, 14 students got merit certificates in class XII from CBSE. 172 students who took the class XII Examination 94 students scored above 90% , 52 students scored between 80% and 89% and the remaining scored distinction marks. Thirty two students from STD X got 10/10 CGPA and were awarded merit certificates from the CBSE.
- Mihir Shah of V nominated for “National Child Award” of India for featuring in the Limca book of Records 2014 for Mental Arithmetic and Counting, Unique World Records 2014 for Mental Arithmetic and counting, Asia World Records book for fastest addition, multiplication, division and square roots. He was awarded Rs50,000 for winning the Talent Contest Judged by Bollywood fame Shri Ismail Darbar and Shri Sandeep Sorparkar for his mathematical talent(2013).
- Tanishka Agarwal, Diya Agarwal, Gunjan Baid and Aayushi Gaudani have won Gold Medals at the National and Khel Mahakhubh. The Sports Authority of Gujarat has started giving the scholarship of Rs.5000/- per month for 5 years (2013-2014) to each of them.
- Nandini Kapadia of VIII was selected as a captain for Indian Soccer Futsal Team and participated in “Asia Futsal Cup” at Malaysia in April 2014 and were Runner’s up. She was selected for Nationals as a captain that has held at Calcutta. Besides the Chairman’s scholarship , she is getting the scholarship of Rs.4420/- per month for a year from Swami Vivekananda Centre of Excellence. A scholarship of Rs 6000/- for kit and uniform from Swami Vivekananda Centre of Excellence. A scholarship of Rs. 3000/- for securing 3rd position in Khel Mahakhumbh 2013. A scholarship of Rs. 3000/- for playing Nationals Tournament School Games Federation of India.
- Riddhi Kapadia of IV won 15 Gold Medals, 12 Silver Medals and 3 Bronze Medals state skating championship in different age groups. She was honoured by Shri M. K. Das IAS, Ex. Commissioner SMC & Sh. Niranjan Zanzmera the mayor of Surat on Republic Day 2014.
- Large number of Scholarships are given to meritorious students.
- Fee concession is given on merit cum means to students whose parent’s total income is upto 15,000/-p.m
- SMART CLASS : Smart Digital Class is the complete teaching technology which makes learning easy and intellectual. This program is the combination of Hardware & software. Digital class makes the lectures more interesting as well as innovative. It makes learning Fast, full of Fun, Hopeful, Visualized & inspirational. The classrooms turn into lively learning platforms for students and the teachers can choose from a mix of teaching tools such as the traditional chalk and blackboard coupled with graphics, sound, animations, and videos.
- CHILD SAFETY INDIA: The school is proud to state the implementation of “CHILD SAFETY INDIA” from the academic term, April 2012. The system has facilities by which any parent could monitor their child from the time they leave home to the time they reach home.
- Furtherance to our motto of Excellence in Education & heavy demand from parents community, PARAS EDUCATION TRUST has stepped in to the Quality Higher Education by setting up SDJ International College for Under Graduate Degree and Diploma Courses already started in Academic Year (2012-13) at our new campus b/h Someswara Complex, Vesu, Surat.
- Medical checkup facility by renowned Child Specialist Dr. Nirmal Choradia and team every year. SMS (Standard Message Service) for quick and timely information and to make communication faster and better with parents.
- To develop scientific temperament and to make students innovative the school has fully furnished and well ventilated standard science labs (Physics / Chemistry / Biology / Maths) with latest instruments and gadgets for the budding scientists of the school.
- Six well equipped computer labs having more than 300 latest branded IBM based machines with internet connectivity.
- Four full furnished A/C Audio-Visual rooms for lectures meeting with internet connectivity and over head projector where Personality Development lectures are held. Massive Multipurpose Hall, Big spacious Art Gallery and Indoor Sports Room are added assets for students. All classes are equipped with CCTV cameras & speakers.
- The school has the state-of-the-art gymnasium especially designed for young students. The equipment enable the students to maintain and increase vigour and zeal for better health.
- A large number of curricular & co-curricular activities are offered like Swimming, Creative Writing, Elocution, Art & Craft, Gardening, Community Service, Band, Picnic & Excursions, Annual Exhibition, Yoga, Skating, Taekwondo, Aerobics, Folk & Western Dance, Gymnastic, Western & Instrumental Music, Personality Development, Communication Skills besides a cemented Basket Ball Court, Tennis Court & National Size Swimming pools (for juniors as well as seniors)
- To impart quality education and pursue excellence in all fields of life.
- To enlarge the mental horizon and broaden the out look of students through training in co-operation, consideration, team-spirit and service.
- To ensure physical, mental and moral growth of the students and create in them a zest for learning.
- To propagate patriotic, social and ethical values in them so as to make them responsible citizens.
- To arouse their aesthetic sense and inculcate habits of personal as well as social hygiene for a happy and healthy life.
- To assist them to enjoy their leisure through healthy recreational activities, hobbies as well as basic reading habits for an improvised life style.
- To channelize youthful energies towards creativity and self realization of their true potential.
- To inculcate important traits of honesty, integrity, respect for truth and justice, a sense of discipline and due regards for law and order.
- To train them to be considerate and worthy citizens by practising the principle of “Service before Self.”
- To lay maximum emphasis on self respect, self-discipline and dignity.
- To make emotionally, socially balanced, well adjusted, dignified, individuals, who will contribute towards making this world a serene, peaceful and harmonious place to live in.
- To inculcate positive attitude.
- To uphold creative talent and enhance presence of mind.
- To establish aesthetic sense among the growing children.
- To inculcate interest in Indian heritage and culture.
Message From The Chairman
I am happy that S. D. Jain Modern School has steadily grown into a unique, premier and pace-setting institution. It has an imposing and architecturally well designed building with vast play grounds and attractive infrastructural facilities to cater physical, intellectual, emotional and aesthetic growth of the students through creative and innovative programmes. The school has tried to help them towards academic excellence and to inculcate moral and spiritual values like integrity, hard work, dedication and grid interpersonal relationships which make a person humane to reach the highest pinnacles of success and fame. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience but where he stands at times of challenge and adversity. I am delighted that the school has achieved all round success in all fields of activities which have led to the development of scientific temper and attitude towards rational enlightenment. I congratulate the Students, Parents, Staff, Principal and Director cum Advisor Dr. K. Juneja for their endeavour to discharge faithfully their duty and responsibility towards the continued growth of the institution.
Message From The Principal
I firmly believe that education should transform our students under our care, who in turn can make a difference in society and the world. We value the development of moral character, self esteem and a sense of responsibility, besides endeavoring for academic and leadership qualities in our students. Events and conditions in the region and around the globe have converged in such a way as to make it clear that not only do we need a school with S D Jain mission and values, but also that we have greater opportunities than ever before to make this school a school of our dreams. While gazing at the panoramic vistas surrounding the school, our focus is drawn back to the task at hand-educating the students in the classrooms, on the playfield and in every co-curricular activity. That is what precisely the school is doing for the last eleven years ever since its inception for the physical, mental, moral, emotional and aesthetic growth of the students. This is even reflected through repeated excellent Board Exam Results of CBSE class ten and twelve.
We are privileged and honored to have a very committed and dedicated Board, a devoted Educational Advisor and competent staff who are constantly transforming the lives of students under their care by imparting quality education to students and widening their mental horizon so that they become better and useful citizens of tomorrow. Literacy is the key for Nation building and I strongly feel it is the equal responsibility of parents, society and the school to encourage and mould these young minds to excel in life through the opportunities offered by the school to every student. Cooperation and team work by parents, society and school will help to bring out the rest in every student so that he/she may successfully face all the challenges that life may throw at them.